Autumn & Winter Saffron and Spice Cooking Classes
Next dates: October 19th (SOLD OUT), November 30th, January 11th
I run hands-on cooking classes exploring the classic flavours and techniques of Persian vegetarian food. A typical class covers covering fragrant rice pilafs, mezzes, stews, seasonal salads and desserts. Classes are informal, relaxed and tailored for all levels – from novice beginners to experienced cooks – and they are a lot of fun!
Persian food is one of the undiscovered treasures of Middle Eastern cuisine. Classic dishes include velvety pistachio soups, saffron-infused rice dishes and sumptuous slow-cooked stews using fruits such as pomegranates and quince. It is a cuisine known for its abundant use of fresh herbs, balanced sweet and sour flavours and delicate spices such as saffron, dried limes and orange blossom.
11am to 3pm
Made in Hackney Kitchen
Food For All Basement
3 Cazenove Road
A typical class includes:
• An introduction to cooking with classic Iranian ingredients such as pomegranate molasses, barberries, su’mac, dried limes, saffron, rosewater and orange blossom
• A delicious lunch (allergies and dietary requirements catered for)
• Take home hand-outs of recipe sheets and information
• Hands-on practical experience
• Tasting all food made in the class
• An opportunity to ask as many questions as you like about Persian food and Iran!
Whether you’are an individual who wants to learn some culinary tips or a group of friends who want to have a fun and interactive dining experience, these classes are a great opportunity to learn a new cuisine, have fun and meet some like-minded friendly people. They are also perfect gifts for anyone interested in food or the Middle East.
Places are limited so book tickets now via Edible Experiences to avoid disappointment.